Random Thought Bubbles

Ramblings on of someone still finding the way

The day is ending and a warm yellow glow is enveloping this place. It reminds me of old pictures and old memories. This is not a melancholic swipe at time. I miss being a little girl. I grew up too fast, but of course I didn't listen to anyone when they told me that before. I have pictures of me when I was younger. There's one of me standing on a little wooden stand in a playground. I must've been 3 or 4. I don't remember the moment. I do remember the moments after that. We had lunch and it was a clubhouse by the beach. It's a fragile memory that dissolves if I try to clear out the blurred edges.

There was a time in kindergarten when I went to play with the birds instead of going straight back to class after making a short trip to the loo. The teacher called me in and hit me on the hand with a wooden ruler, twice. It wasn't the pain that I remember most. It was the humiliation. But I don't cringe when I look back at that time. I just think, how simple life was.

It's now a reddish-orange and that reminds me of home when I'm looking out my room window thinking how the sky is God's canvas and how I never get tired of admiring a sunset. I'm not homesick though. Just missing little moments in time.

2 comments:

Reading this blog, I can almost imagine what its like being inside your mind. A bit quirky =P, then again, I've always known you to be like that. Anyways, dropped by to say hi.

Hello :) I suppose I was never conventional.

Blog Archive