Random Thought Bubbles

Ramblings on of someone still finding the way

Got back from Redang last night. It was a blast! The water was clear blue and there were 40 odd of us in the same resort. A combination of friends, berboraking in the sea and at all hours, wearing my swim suit all day (I didn't get a bikini in time :P), having sand in my pants for 3 days straight and going snorkelling was really good. It made everyone forget about exams and the rest of the world. A big plus was the Rainbow, Graveyard, Chivas and Vodka and doing flips on the beach (although I messed one up and got a mouthful of sand but since I was already woozy, I don't think I cared all that much:P). The moon wasn't really out, it was really cloudy but it was still a lot of fun! I got to go kayaking and saw a whole lot of coral and fish... but doing that for 2 days ain't much fun after a while :P I didn't get to see the baby sharks though... me not being able to swim at all and someone telling me, "just bring your goggles and tube then... should be fine." I panicked and had a very tanned lifeguard save me. haha... no good looking guys on the beach though, which was nothing special... wasn't looking out for one anyway :P Most of the guys got sunburnt, since they all didn't wanna wear sunblock... not macho so it seems. I'm tanned again but gladly not burnt. My SPF 30 BananaBoat Grape Smelling For Kids sunblock works like a charm. It was funny feeling like I was still at sea when I was still on the beach. Like having a high when I haven't even had a drop. All in all a really good holiday even though the food sucked and the place we were staying in was undergoing some major renovations but we walked the stretch of beach and found good volleyball places, and I got buried in the sand and made a very busty mermaid! :) One really big turn off was our room which stank to high heaven of sewage but after sitting in it for about 5 min everything smells the same. haha. There weren't many nice shells to pick so I got 3 nice bracelets from the souvenier shop before we left and a towel that's purple and says 'REDANG' with little fish all over the place.

Another yucky thing is my camera didn't work... it ran out of battery before we left and I didn't have time to get a new one. Oh well, time to leech pictures off other people's digicams.

I also didn't get viva... so I think I'm definitely failing. I guess once in my life isn't such a bad thing :P

1 comments:

Hey Marilyn, it's been a while eh? Glad you're feeling better after your exams, and congrats for passing them.

It'd be so nice to be visit Redang again. It'd be hot, but at least hot and pretty unlike Toronto. :(

Enjoy your holiday! Give me a shout some time.

Blog Archive