Random Thought Bubbles

Ramblings on of someone still finding the way

I saw the movie last night, and had a major chocolate craving after it :P (bought myself a whole bar of dairy milk). I read the book a long time ago but I don't remember Willy Wonka being so insecure... or being so much like Michael Jackson (ugh, but his music still rocks and he's so rich it doesn't matter if he wants to make his home an amusement park). Willy Wonka so childish, so self-centred instead of the weird little fellow who made chocolate but still seemed more like a fairy tale character rather than a scary reality check. It was sad how he didn't have the childhood everyone deserves but then again, that's how psychos and geniuses are made. Strange how those two go together... to me anyway (yes, I'm babbling). I left the cinema thinking what a scary movie it must be for little kids if they really thought about it (just like 'Courage the Cowardly Dog' but I loved that cartoon. Morbidly funny). And Johnny Depp did a real good job at being Willy Wonka... still upper lip, manic chuckling, hardly caring about the wellbeing of his guests and all. It's a pretty good movie, if you don't bother thinking too much about it, like a whole lot of other movies.

I read a bit of Roald Dahl when I was little. I loved BFG the best. To all of you who haven't read Roald Dahl you're definitely missing out.

Veering off the topic of movies, two days ago I came out of a new class with Ling Tze feeling like my abs were so raw I probably wouldn't be able to do another sit-up. It was a class called 'Boxercise'. It wasn't the 'boxing' per say that made it painful but the floor exercises. The most number of tummy crunches, sit-ups and strange ab exercise I've done forever. 2 sets of 20 abdominal crunches with a count that's 1 sec each. I kept up for the first set but died in the second (haha! I couldn't stop laughing. It was agonizing to keep up!) Then 20 more ab crunches but with legs straight up to the ceiling, 20 ab crunches with legs bent halfway in the air, 20 sit-ups to touch elbows to knees (this part I just couldn't keep up), 20 leg-lifts without touching the ground once, bla bla bla... you get the picture. At the end, my abs were ready to fall out. But it felt so good after! So I'm definitely going for another painful session with Tyrone the very buff black instructor with a very nice brit accent :P

0 comments: