Random Thought Bubbles

Ramblings on of someone still finding the way

After a whole day of wondering why my internet doesn't work and keeps saying there's poor connectivity, I decided to restart my computer. My internet works again. I'm glad I didn't call the nasioncom people just for them to tell me to restart my laptop. That would be a waste of a call and would make me feel quite silly.

Because all there is to watch on tv nowadays is football in the middle of the night when I'm trying to keep awake I'm watching some of the matches but can't quite be bothered to pay attention since I'm no football fan and I still don't get why it's so interesting. Haha! I just need some noise in the background so I don't scare myself when it gets too quiet. Anyway, I look up from my endless stack of notes to the tv everytime there's a chorus of males screaming to see that someone's either almost scored a goal or someone's scored or someone made an amazing save. But the only thing I've gotten from all of this is that footballers (or soccer players =P as the Americans and Canadians like to call it... and I used to call it soccer too) like to spit, a lot. Then it got me thinking (while I'm trying to read endo... and every note appears to be something I have never read or seen before... I couldn't even remember ever reading what thyroperoxidase is until I read the physio for thyroid hormones again) how disgusting it is that the footballers are already all over each sweaty other everytime they try to wrestle the ball away and falling and rolling all over the grass that they are also falling and rolling over everyone else's saliva. Ugh... for love of the game. Haha =P

Then 'The Sun' has an afternoon version of their paper containing only football news and of course I flipped through and had no interest whatsoever in the articles about great games and other related football news. Except today I read about one team having a coach named Dick Advocaat. Then it got me thinking about the word advocate. What would a dick advocate be? Sounded so much like another way to say pimp. =P Advocaat would've been such a cool surname if not for the Dick in front of it. Then again anyone named Dick is sure to be belittled and bullied for his parents' mistake of christening him so. Oh, and I read about Saudi Arabia's loss of 0-8 to some other team (of course I can't be bothered to remember which =P) in the last World Cup and that that was the largest loss in 20yrs of World Cup history. That must've been quite embarrassing. At least they made it to the World Cup. Everything else but lecture notes feels like it's more worth remembering... sigh...

CNS results out tomorrow... or rather today... hope I didn't do too badly. 34 ppl failed out of my 181 persons batch. And matching results are supposed to be out this week. Stress is the word.

If sleep is required for one to process and organize memory... then shouldn't we all be sleeping more to remember more?

0 comments: