Random Thought Bubbles

Ramblings on of someone still finding the way

Denial

From the moment of receiving and tearing open your letter till the next stage - The second you see not the name you want to see but some other choice that you didn't want anyway. And then you think this can't be happening to me. I'm too good for second, third, fourth, n'th choice. They must've got my rankings all wrong. The computer must be faulty. The person entering information into the terminal must be a retard. This is a typo! They mistyped the whole name! Maybe if I rub my eyes enough, twirl around 200 times and jump up and down the name will be right... Yes!? no... It's not a typo and the twirling didn't do squat. But this can't be right!

Anger
The stage where one realizes that there is injustice - Who else got into the uni I wanted? Whuuuaattt?! Why did he/she/it get in and I didn't? WHY? And he/she/it didn't even put it as first choice! It's a conspiracy. There are rumours everywhere! We must APPEAL! We must REVOLT! WE MUST DO SOMETHING! This is so insulting. I don't want to deal with this! Why do we have to work hard at all? Someone must PAY!

Bargaining
The stage where one will do anything to change the situation - Appeal, appeal, appeal. Make excuses, make reasons, make lies. Whatever it takes to get what that first choice! Letter to everywhere and everyone! Make promises in whatever religion believed in. Please give me what I want, I won't ****/(whatever) for a year.

Depression
The stage of learned helplessness - I didn't get it... even after all the appealing. Sigh... I'm just stuck here. There's nothing I can do about it now. But I don't want to go there. It won't be fun because I won't like it. SIGH... I have a headache, I want to go to sleep, I'm so sick of studying, I don't want to see anyone, I want to be alone...

Acceptance
The stage of giving up and giving in - It's probably not so bad. After all the initial pain and annoyance of not getting the first choice I can deal with it now. It's probably why we were given from Friday till Monday (5pm) to think about it. All the time in the world to go through the 5 stages of grief in hopes that there will be fewer appeals and fewer disruptions to the gleeful conspiracy we all have to submit to.

0 comments: