Random Thought Bubbles

Ramblings on of someone still finding the way


Just finished another glorious two or so hours at the cinema! This time we couldn't watch 'Narnia' so it was 'Perhaps Love'! Haha. For those who don't bother when coming across Mandarin musicals, here's a good one! :P Well, pretty good one anyway. I'm almost a complete banana so most of the talk/songs were lost in translation but the english subscripts were sufficient to get me crying halfway through the movie. And I realize I understand Mandarin less than Cantonese which is strange since I always thought I could speak more Mandarin. The dance scenes weren't all that great but the director did try his best with the camera angles to hide the lower budget backdrops. Hehe. It's no Moulin Rouge, that's for sure.

Overall movie rating : Good cry kinda movie. Don't bring guy friend along unless he enjoys wussy romance movies too. I wouldn't mind watching it again, but it still doesn't beat 'City of Glass'.

At the end of the movie, all I could hear in my head was 'there's no such thing as love'. (sigh... I'm beginning to believe that... getting more and more pragmatic as the days go by).

Oh yes before I forget, Takeshi Kaneshiro is H.O.T. I suppose I might as well fantasize since a bloody rich, freaking good-looking and kind fella (refer to friendster for more information) doesn't exist at the moment.

0 comments: