Random Thought Bubbles

Ramblings on of someone still finding the way

Friday night was a great... hee hee... ;) I got to be in three performances which was really tiring to practise for but was well worth the effort. I'm completely grateful for practises with the mic before singing in front of the whole lot of people, otherwise I think I would've definitely froze, not because of the crowd but because I worry I sound weird or am out of tune... (but then again I bet I went off here and there sometimes. Good thing the rest of the group can accommodate. Haha!). The only downside is falling on my bum outside the audi in my ninja outfit because I was doing a windrun towards Fraser in my high heels in a bid to slice his head off with my sword but only succeeding in embarrassing myself by slipping on the wet floor. The bruise on my left hip still hurts. And the Shuriken Shadow Kung Fu dance got pushed to the last performance which was sucky because we didn't get the chance to be voted for an encore :P Ultramen got that... they were really funny :)

It's nice being on stage. There's a whole crowd paying attention to you and expecting a good performance. Doing an acapella and actually singing the melody was a new thing for me. I'd done so many dances I thought I'd try singing this time. I know I'm no super powerful singer but I think I get by :) I was worried I'd mess up with the opening when I was singing a line by myself or worse start in the wrong key but luckily I didn't do either of those very bad things :)))) It's always a nice feeling when a crowd cheers for you (however, whether it's due sheer appreciation for the job well done or obligatory sympathy applause :/ is a different story altogether)

On a totally different note, here are some photos, mostly for the benefit of my brother and my best friend, whom I shall be seeing again when I get back for Christmas :) Hopefully they still read this blog.

Diwali Night - Bry looked really nice in that thing he was wearing

Halloween party - Japanese School Girl outfit (Grrr! Hehe!) and that's Li Na in the back, she was a gypsy

Spawn and LeStat at 7Eleven - I did Bryan's one eye, I can't remember which one but I assume the better looking side :P

0 comments: