Random Thought Bubbles

Ramblings on of someone still finding the way

Let me tell you about my day. I went shopping at MidValley. However, the usually therapeutic effects of squandering money on otherwise unrequired items was marred by the throng of people who insist on pushing and squashing themselves against everyone else. I still hate crowds. The first time I came to KL and to MidValley I was mortified by ant-like quantity of people walking the mall. I'm immune to having too many people around me now but it's still annoying.

Buying presents for people (albeit people whom you love) is stressful. First, ya gotta think of a meaningful gift (stressful as it is). Second, ya gotta find it (walking up and down and sideways MidValley is very tiring. Repeat walking back and forth a few more times and everything begins to hurt - feet from walking, hands from carrying the bags, back from standing for too long, eyes... brain). Third, ya gotta find it at a place that's not charging crazily expensive for the meaningful gift (Christmas shopping is hard on the wallet... :/).

Anyway, I got gifts for most of the people I wanna get gifts for, the remaining I'm getting just before the Christmas potluck on Friday after Repro exam and just before I fly home (YAY!).

Aside from the irritation I'm finding it strange that I'm getting a bout of... is it regret? or just a need for companionship? or another withdrawal symptom? Well whatever it is, I couldn't shake it off while shopping today. Suddenly I'd be overcome with an overwhelming need to reconcile, but that would never do. Maybe it was just spending too much time alone again. I read some time ago that being anti-social makes you stupid and sad, because they studied it in birds, but I think we know that already... the sad part anyway.

Back to the books! I can't wait for the holidays to start!

0 comments: