Random Thought Bubbles

Ramblings on of someone still finding the way

I'm blogging from my best friend's MacBook at Coffee Bean. Haha! I feel like a busy person. I don't actually know what model of Apple it is... but it says MacBook at the bottom of the screen. Hehe! Apple rocks but too bad everyone uses Windows instead. The only gripe I've got about this thing is I don't like about this laptop at the moment is the touchpad. I can't just tap the touchpad twice to click or double-click. The graphics for the little menus kick-ass though... I want!! Hehe!

I'm told Apple is good because few people make viruses for it... but I was also told that there were recent incidences of Macs exploding on tables and in people's laps. Ah well... always with the good and bad. Just like my phone... only after I buy it do I read reviews of the K750i not being up to par because it's joystick ain't reliable, like all other Sony Ericsson phones with joysticks (they should start calling the dumbstick then... haha, since it's so unreliable). I get the feeling that these people are just exaggerating since I've had my phone for about half a year it's still ok. I've dropped it a bunch of times though (hehe! I learnt not to drop it too many times... Sony Ericsson ain't no Nokia 3310 that'll survive almost any fall(s)). It's definitely not as lasting.

Anyway, today I went to a Halal Convention. Yes, that's right... you read right. Ling Tze wanted to go check it out... I don't know why... she has a friend there... so ya, we went and met up and got free samples and a free dinner. We went one round around the exhibition, met a bunch of people we didn't know (two from the Ministry of Agriculture haha!) and was told that the cheese supplier was giving away stuff on Friday... hehe! Guess we'll be back there then to get free fetta cheese =) Did you know that there is such a thing as a halal water filter? I thought halal was just for livestock... I didn't think it even extended to vegetables. Now there's WATER in the equation? Apparently there's something in the filter that should be religiously right. What will they think of next? Halal clothes? Wait... actually haha... that exists already... oopsie! =P

A small car just passed by the cafe. It's stereos were so LOUD I could feel the vibration from my chair as it passed by. How could anyone sit in a thing that noisy? I forgot how silly people here can be about their cars. It used to be excessively large exhausts... I think that's died down... Now it appears it's excessively loud stereos again. Oh ya, another fad is using your laptop at any free cafe blink zone... preferably Coffee Bean, CoffeeZone (that's a Brunei coffee place), Chill? and maybe Dome or some other place... I don't really know anymore... I wouldn't be surprised if there's probably no more. I have a feeling I've written about this before. I can't remember. People in Brunei flock to anywhere that provides a free service, gives out free samples, promises free coupons, free this-or-that. I feel sad for this place. I went to the only other mall and there's no more Guess (only the handbag and kids sections remain in the nicer mall) and everything is local... No MNG, No Zara, No Topshop (we never had any of these three), No Levi's (that closed down too) and No more Delifrance (that closed down recently as well)... the local shopping scene is pathetic. =P

0 comments: