Random Thought Bubbles

Ramblings on of someone still finding the way




Nice pictures? Haha... Cherie took them. Rac's and Steph's birthday and me as the party decorator and party mood setter together with Bryan =)) The christmas tree's been there since last christmas... haha. We like to think it adds to a cheery atmosphere.

So anyway, I've been trying to blog for two days. And have failed miserably as you can tell from the lack of updates. Haha! Anywez, it's mostly because I've been trying to add lots of pictures into one blog and stubbornly telling myself that I can fit everything in one post. Maybe I just can't... but I don't know... I did do that super '4 days of crazy' post the last time and that came out alright... Then again it was mostly pictures from my camera phone which would've saved a whole lot of space... Blah! Now the pictures have loaded up and this blog is super long because of the sheer load of pictures to choose from.

In any case, as dedicated scribe for my bunch of crazy friends =) I shall continue with what was left of our last few days together as a group before people started moving out.

First, Racine's and Steph's birthday (I shall save the juicy picture for another day =P for those who know... MUAHAHA!!!). It was a none BBQ but BBQ party... haha... I found it funny because there was a barbecue pit but there were only sausages to barbecue and it appears that one cannot just buy marshmallows from Carrefour or Tesco but have to find a Cold Storage somewhere and get it there. Van tried but it was not to be... No marshmallows for us and no Chubby Bunny game... blea... oh ya, Chubby Bunny is a game I learnt at camp. It's when you stuff a marshmallow in your mouth and say 'Chubby Bunny'. Repeat till someone can't say 'Chubby Bunny' without choking. (Somehow I think I've typed that before). Bry and I decorated Bryan's place with lots of candles and christmas lights (look above) and a very sad looking banner... (look below) hee hee... ala me cause all he had was a little cardboard and some highlighters so I had to make the best of it. We also had a little lecture notes burning session. Hehe. That felt really good! I think it was the first time in a long while where we didn't have alcohol at a party... wait... we did have Baileys in the end... Haha! Okay, we still had alcohol, but everyone was so tired since it was just the day after the last day of EOS and just generally feeling the effects of getting old, no one really drank. Lina and I fell asleep on the beanie bag thingie together. Haha. I bet we looked like two old ladies having a cat-nap. Enjoy the pics =) there are alot more to go... hehe. Haven't been feeling very funny lately... pictures will have to do for now =P



Screamer and Racine with the quite sad banner

Dress code - Anything that has a cartoon.
No cartoon shirt? Make Mickey ears like Amelia!!


I tell you it was super just being able to sit around and DO NOTHING

Look at Bryan la...

Steph and Van =)

I look bad in this photo but I can't pass up on posting a totem photo =)

Racine and Steph and the quite sad banner again =P

Racine and the tall tall Van Ren

Die lecture notes DIEEEE!!!!

L to R - Michelle, Lina, Racine, Shirley
(That's the beanie thingie that Lina and I fell asleep on)

This is the Marilyn-is-studying-and-touching-her-face-again set =P

Trying to fit everyone in... hee hee... quite good la

Next, LUNA. Suddenly someone decided we should go 'chill' at Luna. We all went in three cars and happily piled out. I was happy till my dress caught in a hook on the side of Bran's car door and I coincidentally also 'slipped' out of the car. That's when my dress ripped a slit on the left side! Good thing it's not one of my more expensive pieces of clothing. I'da cried right there (yes, like a bimbo... Haha... but tell me which girl won't cry for her clothing or shoes?). So my evening started with a rip in my dress. Now that dress has a slit. And with all my cheerleading, dance and IMCC improv skills I tied a knot and the dress actually looks better! =P As always we did a toilet shoot. Hee hee! Quite a bit of the photos didn't come out though... but yuppers it was definitely fun! Ooo ya, dress code this time was dress, which explains why I was wearing a dress in the first place. Good thing I finally did my laundry that day (or maybe bad thing since I did rip the dress =P)

Need to potty?


I like this photo... too bad it's so dark =P




First try - Fail... completely uncoordinated Haha!

Second Attempt - Better... but BLUR!! ARGH!!

Third Attempt - It's always better to smile =))
but the composition looks bad... haha... oh well... fourth try's the charm?
Racine looks sweet here and Lina's got the 'come here' look. HAHAHA!

And finally, RUUMS. Juice had reported that RUUMS (it took over Channel... yes, the feng tau place) was a cool place to be and that it could accommodate 4000 people. (all of us didn't believe that) So, since Zouk has been religiously rejecting the underaged and we didn't want to resort to Poppy again we decided to go back there even though Kun Leng had already said it was playing techno when she got there earlier. Ling Wei had read that it was supposed to be 'Retro'. Haha. I was hoping for a make-shift 'Mambo Jambo' but of course it could never beat Zouk. SOOooOOoo... after fumbling through decisions (we've become quite good at changing plans at the last minute) we got to Ruums the lot of us and went in where the girls got ANOTHER free bottle just for arriving. The place is HUGE. It's got little nooks and crannies that look very good and those hanging bamboo chairs. The only thing missing is a good crowd... haha... but since we're a big bunch it didn't quite matter to us. Ruums needs a better dj though... he wasn't very bad but he wasn't very good either =P It was a weird mix R&B... I guess what was playing that night can be called R&B... haha... Plus, there was a Bryan lookalike who started dancing with us and at first we were all a little confused because we all thought it was Bryan for a while. Can't remember the fella's name but it was funny to see them dancing side by side. eheh!







The last time we all had dinner altogether (well, missing Van cause she was at MMW) was at San Francisco Steakhouse. We'd already gone for beggar chicken at Banting that afternoon and I was definitely still a little stuffed from all the pork fat I'd ingested since no one else wanted it, then someone suggested San Fran and I was thinking... 'I can't eat yet... haha...' so I had apple pie in the end when everyone else (besides Rac who was having a dessert like me) was eating a whole lot of meat... ergh... I had enough meat for one day after the whole beggar chicken thing... Haha. Stuffed fish, stuffed chicken, stuffed duck, glutinous rice, pork, pork innards, veggie... I just didn't want to move after it all =P Here's a photo we took after finishing... the guys couldn't be bothered to take a photograph.


1 comments:

hi

I was rumbling thru in search of beggars chicken until I bump into u .

nice site and v many friends u have

if I find one b chicken without the fat I shall let u know fast!

have fun !


!