Random Thought Bubbles

Ramblings on of someone still finding the way

The following is an account of what I think I felt while packing before leaving for Coronade Hotel where my brother was staying and then jumping into a plane and leaving for home (meaning Brunei even though KL has been more of a home ever since I got so close with all you people, you know who you are...). I have no way of knowing whether this is just a figment of my overly romantic imagination or if I really was just sad to leave. I like to think that I was just sad to leave but I didn't cry... and I usually cry... maybe I'm just getting older and desensitized to goodbyes.

----------------------------------------------

So anyway, I'm the kind of person who can't do things in little portions. I just gotta get everything all at once... like packing for instance (hee hee!). I just couldn't get myself to start packing (in bits) so I'd have less to pack when it really came down to the very last day (sobs! which means I had a whole lot) ergh...

(wow, that's a whole lot of brackets =P)

It's finally Sunday night but it's really just really early morning Monday and I haven't been sleeping because I've been hanging out at Ah Moo's place far longer than I should (entertainment central if ya'll didn't know that... but even that's past it's sell-by date boohoo!) and now it has come down to the time I absolutely need to pack. I sit in stated relunctance because I am in denial and I just don't want to move away. It is not because I love IMU or love Vista but because this place represents everything that has been happy, joyful, sad, painful, stressful, just downright memorable in the past 2 and a half years. There will never be another time like this, I tell myself as I sit at my window. I am trying to make myself cry so at least I can make sense of all the madness in my head because then at least I know I'm just really sad. The lack of tears is disconcerting. And when I do start packing the mountain of stuff I've accumulated in these 2.5 years is just that. A MOUNTAIN. I had 3 whole boxes, 2 luggage bags, one small backpack, one big hiking backpack, 1 hand-carry bag and another very ugly but quite big bag full of stuff. OMG... good thing I had my brother and his friends (who were in KL on holiday) to lug my stuff for me. Hehe. But I still had to leave a bunch of stuff at Sam's place... THANK YOU AMELIA and SAM =)

This was how much stuff I had to throw out. All my shoe boxes!!!
I filled the whole green thingy la. hahah!

In the midst of packing I just felt mechanical... as if it wasn't quite real, like I wasn't really moving away. Sigh... I had tons of stuff to throw out as well. The packing just went on and on and on... since I had refused to ask for help and insisted I could do it all alone... hehe... good thing Bryan (who wanted to send me to the airport too =)) and Chris asked if I needed help. THANKS GUYS! They helped me move my shelf and everything else either into Sam's place or Bry's car. Amelia came too (thanks for distributing the stuff I've gotta return!!) and we all piled into Bry's car and we (Chris, Amy, Bry and I) got driven to the hotel. I felt so loved =) I owe you guys so much...



These are the bottles I threw out before I left. Each bottle tells a story of a time when there was a themed party or when some crazy happened. There are the wine bottles for special occasions like my birthday, other none-special occasions (thanks for the one bottle ben, I haven't forgotten) and for the 'refined' cheese party that wasn't so refined after all. Tequila bottles and an Absolut and a tiny bit of Baileys for the Halloween party that had the least turn-out ever for any party ever organized by Ms. Van Wilder herself (oh well!) but where there was so much drink and so few people almost everyone turned out drunk (which is of course always excellent!) but Bryan didn't make to the toilet so puked all over the floor (because I was in the toilet.. but couldn't remember doing even that. Haha!). More Absolut (kurrant is nice) bottles for the time we had a 'lubang' party where Rac projectiled but didn't know it. Haha! More tequila bottles and that suspiciously small bottle of thai song for the time we had another party where I died and scandal ensued. The Bombay Sapphire for the time Lina and I left my own just after eos3 party to go party at Rush instead but not before downing several shots of the 'perfume water' that has a higher alcohol content than vodka. And, and, and all the other parties...

Sigh... It has to end somewhere right?

0 comments: