Random Thought Bubbles

Ramblings on of someone still finding the way

I watched the Drama Club's version of 'Phantom of the Opera' just now. It was not too bad but I have to say not the best production from the Drama Club. Most of it was too disjointed like the scenes didn't quite mesh together just right. I went mostly in support of Cheok Soon who was Mr. Phantom of the Opera. It was very funny at first since his first few scenes only required him to walk on stage with his mask and cape to drag the heroine offstage or walk from one side of the stage to the other (this walking bit was done something like 3 times... haha!) but when he finally got a talking scene it was quite funny =) Not a wasted RM3 but it wasn't the best of their plays.

Then Kah Heng, Amelia, Samantha, Cherie and I went to try catch 'Da Vinci Code' at Midvalley. Shirlene already told me it was slow so I wasn't expecting much but I didn't think it would be as slow as it is. Besides already knowing the plot and what's about to happen, I think it was a little too much talking and too little action. Either that or they were trying to fit most of the book in so they couldn't concentrate on the action bits. I left the cinema feeling cheated. I assumed it would be good since it did have Tom Hanks and Audrey Tautou (she's the girl from 'Amelie' and 'A very Long Engagement', both very good French movies in my opinion but then again I've only watched two French movies so I might be wrong =P). I think they didn't have enough of getting the audience to appreciate how beautiful the art and places are, but that would be asking too much since it already appears the screenwriters were trying so hard to fit everything into the 2 hours plus that the movie ran for.

Sleepy as hell I went home with the rest. After getting dropped off we (meaning the 3 girls previously mentioned and me) made our way back. There was a man clad in a black jacket by the pool just sitting with his legs propped on the table. When he got up after we passed him, I started getting a little panicky. I looked back twice before the 4 of us reached that little tunnel bit before the elevator at B1 and he was still following us. (Yikes!) All of us were aware he was following us now so walked a little faster. There was a collective sense of relief when the elevator from G reached and opened at -2 before the suspicious looking man got to the landing. I pushed the >< button several times just to make sure he couldn't make the elevator doors open again. Phew indeed! All this in just a minute or less. I was so scared my hands were shaking when I opened my door, stepped safely inside (with a sigh of relief no less) and locked it quickly behind me. Thank goodness I wasn't alone and thank goodness he didn't come straight up to us. I don't know what we'd have to do then. Run for our lives probably. (I was prudently wearing sneakers just now... no high heels for me tonight...) Please walk your friends home guys.

*******************************

On a lighter note, Michelle and a bunch of us were talking about the difference between being a 'dirty' and 'messy' person. It became a general consensus that 'dirty' requires the person to not only be untidy but also be able to 'forget' about food and other perishable items and allow them to rot all over the place and a 'messy' person is just a person who puts everything not in their rightful place. I am a 'dirty' person, no question or doubt whatsoever. Haha! The first step to improvement they say is being able to acknowledge the condition. I'm at step 1. I think I'll forever be stuck at step 1 at this rate. I've been messy and dirty all my life. It produces good product for orientation but besides that I think I've had enough crap in my system to give me resistance to a whole lot of pathogens. I say to Kah Heng (who's apparently moving in on Monday), 'You're moving in with an extremely dirty person!' =P I hope this won't jeopaordize our friendship =) My brother can testify to the state of my toilet when he got here. It was so filthy he cleaned it for me (thank you little brother, you're the best =P). Then again, when I do start cleaning I can't stop. I also clean when I'm stressed or angry or upset or just plain sad. My mother does that too... when things are especially pissy that day she'll start banging around with the broom and cleaning rag. I'm becoming more like my mother little by little each day... That's scary too... sigh...


0 comments: