Random Thought Bubbles

Ramblings on of someone still finding the way

The hair show thing on Sunday was nice. But I realized how inadequate I am. Haha. Not tall enough, not skinny enough, not pretty enough, not even remotely model material. Very self-esteem blowing. I'm glad it was only for a day. I don't think I could take anymore of that. And pro-models seem to have very cool names like Vera and Zuka (Zuka's got legs that seem to go on forever). Walking around isn't really easy too. I look half-dead if I don't smile and we were told to look as bitchy and 'lan si' as possible as if the world owed us money. Very difficult when I don't feel very all that and the boots I'm wearing are 5/6, squashing my size 7 feet and sacrificing my fourth and fifth toes while I try to look damn good and damn comfortable in them. Amelia looked really good in her sack-like dress... and with her make-up on you'd never even recognize her. Van Ren looked really good in her technicolour bra too... Lavinia was, as always, hot in that brown ultra-small dress that kept riding up. So that leaves Li Na and yours truely. Judge when you see the pictures below. Haha!

A day in a life of a model is alot of waiting and waiting and waiting... and more waiting. Van Ren, Li Na and I got there at the stipulated 9.30am to get ready for the 9pm show. No one was there, not even the stylist. Then we went for breakfast and took our sweet time. When we got back we met Lavinia and some of the other models and the stylist, William. Then we waited. Finally we were fitted with clothes. I was supposed to wear a blue embellished corset (in which I could hardly breathe) but that was swapped with what I'm wearing in the pictures (sad case, because the corset looked so much better) because the girl before me didn't fit anything else that was left so they let her have the corset. Then we had a dry run rehearsal and walked a few more times. Next, we had our hair redone and any last minute changes in between. Then make-up, then more waiting and waiting, then rehearsals. It was generally a boring day. For a less than one minute walk, a whole day is a long time to wait :P At least I got to do something like this once. Doubt I'll ever get another chance at this rate. Hehe.

And congratulations to Van Ren for getting asked to be an in-house model :) Long live the mushroom culture!

Pictures time! There are more from Lavinia and some videos from Steph. I shall post them when I get them. Van's camera went bonkers on the day so ya... oh well.

Before - The mushroom twins

After - The vamped up mushroom twins... It's amazing what make-up can do


Don't ask about the dots... I think they were aiming between 'Cats' and 'Memoirs of a Geisha' :P Taken in Zouk's toilet. Haha!


This is what Li Na and I wore... yes, we know... hence the cage scenario


The ever sexy Lavinia :)


Just before going out. I looked so bad I just cut myself out. Haha. The model (Vera) in the middle wasn't wearing anything besides the brown knitted top and nipple stickers under that jacket


Li Na trying to do 'garang'


When in doubt, better to pose silly if ya can't look good, sexy or gaya. The model beside me is Zuka... she's the one with ever long legs.


Smiling is always better... :)


Minus Amelia - who was with the other set of models


Just before the show - I like my camera phone. Taken in darkness and still clear. Muahaha!!


Just having two pro models in a picture can make it look so much more like a magazine spread. Haha. But I look like a Japanese vampire... sigh...

0 comments: