Random Thought Bubbles

Ramblings on of someone still finding the way

In a few days I'll be in Auckland. I'm usually game for new places because I like the idea of a place that hasn't been imprinted with any memories. Clean slate, that kind of thing. But yesterday it suddenly dawned on me that I was actually afraid of going. There is a certain sense of daunting, of doubt that I'll be happy there. This is something strange because I love new experiences... be they good or bad. I always look back upon them as stories to tell and re-tell again later on because what is life but a series of experiences.

I've only been in KL for give or take 3 years but I've come to regard it as more of home than good ol' Brunei. This place that is not really home but home. I dread leaving. This does not bode well. *emo emo emo*

So my visa's been done (that in itself is a story... I went with 4 juniors to Singapore to get one sticker stuck in my passport that I may be granted passage into Auckland, that land as yet so stranger to me, and in the return journey we missed the ktm we were supposed to take because everyone took to leisurely strolling about after we'd gotten our visas. We spent all in all about 5-6hrs in Singapore. It was like taking a train to Singapore to eat lunch. =P So we ended up taking the bus back... it was awfully silly but yep... experiences... at least I got to buy nice brownies) and my bags are more or less packed, I've got a place to stay and I've more or less got everything I need... except maybe everyone in kecohppl... but there's always the internet...

Sigh... so many things to leave behind.

This is the problem with becoming emotionally attached to anything. Sometimes I wonder why I allow myself to be so completely immersed in a place, an emotion, a being, a moment. There is just too much room for disappointment, unexpected jerks of disruption, endings, sadness. But I do it nonetheless, all the while convincing myself that the downside never outweighs the upside. There cannot be happiness without sadness, no? No one would be able to tell the difference without the other. I'm babbling... I leave on the 28th of Jan... 9 something at night... should be at the airport round 6 plus... sigh...

I'm just sad to be leaving here.

0 comments: