Random Thought Bubbles

Ramblings on of someone still finding the way

Hello dear readers of my blog :)

There was a potluck 'please wear any jersey' party at my place last night, and it was great! I got to wear my basketball jersey! (although I seemed completely sapped from making my lasagna). Yes, I made lasagna! However, I don't have any pictures of it. But then again, it doesn't matter because it did look like crap. I didn't have an oven so I had to microwave the thing 15min at a time because the baking tray was too big for the microwave so it couldn't turn... and only after an hour did someone tell me I'm not supposed to put metal things in the appliance. (oops...) I made a little veggie lasagna for Gowri, but burnt the top in Hai Fon's toaster oven. All in all, my efforts were not exactly a failure because even though it looked like crap, both the little and big lasagnas didn't taste too bad. Oh, I also made chicken soup... which is still sitting on the stove right now. It tasted like bakuteh for some reason. I even bought a claypot for it.

Everyone else brought-

Ling Wei - Mushroom Soup
Brandon - made fried oyster mushrooms and garlic bread for the soup
Chris - sweet and sour fish
Amelia - fruit (you can't go wrong with those... hee hee)
Hai Fon - asked Amelia to buy drinks for him for the party and claimed praise for coke and rootbeer but not for 7up ice, and kept reminding people he brought the toaster.
Jebbrine - fried mee hoon in KFC spiderman tubs... those are still in my fridge too.
Gowri - some pastry thing that was nice and trifle... I have know idea how to spell the dessert thing with custard and jelly
Kah Heng - potato cheese jap mayonaise corn beef thing. It was nice but the potato part could give us all hypertension... SALTY!
Li Na - fried chicken balls and crab sticks fried till they were crispy... but they got cold so weren't very crispy by the time she got to my place.
Van Ren - more fruits
Michelle - nuggets and sausages.
Racine and Yon Xian - brought themselves. Racine's excused cause she did just come back from jb but Yon Xian... tsk tsk... at least he wore his jersey as instructed.
Daniel - last minute addition

I hope I didn't forget anyone...

So, my fridge is full of leftovers with no place for anything else, and I'm getting hungry... Next event : clubbing tonight!

:)

this is a good week.

0 comments: