Random Thought Bubbles

Ramblings on of someone still finding the way

I haven't been posting much at all... hmmm... mostly because by the time I'm back from the hospital I'm pooped and I'm just barely trying to keep myself awake as I try and study something for the next day. Haha! Ya well... we're all probably suffering from some sorta chronic fatigue syndrome... all of us are zombie-like these days, except probably Moush who seems to be enjoying her general surgery run out in Middlemore.

So I'm on my orthopaedic run right now and honestly I feel so lost. It's been 4 days and I'm finally getting some of my bearings in order. It's so extremely lax and most of the time the house surgeons and the registrars are like, "so what do you want to do today?" and Dhivyan and I go, "er, well we can go through physical examinations or we can practise taking history if there are patients to see since we have to do a case report... er, is there anything else we can learn?" Haha... *lost expressions left, right and center* Yep, so that's more or less how a days runs.

Mornings we get there at 7.30am for a handover session where we sit around blur watching the consultants and everyone else discussing management of the patients and looking at their x-rays and stuff... and hopefully if there's a question we can answer it. (most of the time someone does which is good although it'd be nice to score brownie points answering something impressive) and then we go on a ward round and watch alot. It's like Seremban again but at least it's not humid and hot and everyone speaks English (hallelujah!).

And then we're free to do whatever... I wish we were just scheduled for stuff but I guess it's a 'take an initiative to learn' kinda thing. Bleks =P

In other news, I finally went clubbing in Auckland! It was St. Patrick's Day (Irish holiday where everyone makes an excuse to go party, drink and generally go nuts) and I went out with a Sun and a Kalpa. It was quite silly really because another Russian girl was supposed to come along but she'd gone out already and came home quite drunk and fell comatose on her sofa. I amazingly had fun anyway and we club hopped a bunch of places since they don't have cover charge. YAY! And the music was good which was what saved the night. And I only had 3 tequila shots.

Sun, Me, Kalpa. Behind us is the marina where there's a bunch of sailboats... It's quite nice really =) but too bad I didn't catch it =P


Another random bit of my time here... we had a plaster session one day and we got to put casts on each other. That was a fun afternoon =)

Dhivyan - Mr. Plaster my arm man and Wei San with her cast =D

This is my casted arm =) It's quite hot in a cast, haha, and also quite tight in there =P

This is the saw you cut it open with. It's very cool... you'll never be able to saw through someone's arm, unless you deliberately rub it against the skin repeatedly. I don't know how it works but it saws through the cast but won't cut skin if you go too deep.


So yep, haven't been doing much aside from sitting around after hospital time at the end of the day and studying and possibly exacerbating my herniated disc and altogether looking so very forward to the weekends. It's just such a shame that Saturdays and Sundays go by too quickly.

And since I'm such a narcissist, here's a picture of me before I cut my hair, out at a BBQ at some park with someone else's shades on =) Look quite the duh but I don't care! =D

0 comments: