Random Thought Bubbles

Ramblings on of someone still finding the way

The treadmill is a very good invention. One can run for miles without moving from that one spot, the contraption sits well in a room (maybe even an air-conditioned one) free from annoying bugs or more importantly mosquitoes (I hate mosquitoes. They seem to love me), free from people in your way (I don't like running around to get past), free from uneven surfaces (I happen to not like running on uneven surfaces) and free from doggy/cat/any kind of crap (eeps!) =P Gosh I sound so oidee-toidee uppity. Ah, the comforts of modern living.

So I'm running again... and it's exhilarating.

As long as I've jumped into my car with my trusty gym bag (which isn't really a gym bag... more like a go kai kai bag... it's just big enough to hold everything) I've beaten the bum monster back into its cave for another day. That and the fact that going to gym ain't free no more I'd like to fully utilize my membership.

Thud--thud--thud goes my trainers on the treadmill while my heart threatens to beat out of its cage like a little red bird almost freed. (I've never had good stamina... and probably never will... I ran everday for a month the last time I was at gym and never got anywhere, figuratively speaking =) even with all the pushing myself =P) Breathe evenly, you can do it. So goes a voice in my head. Don't stop, don't stop. If you stop, you'll stop the next time and the next and where will that get you?

Don't stop. Breathe in... Breathe out... annnddd Repeat...

First 10mins passes and I already wanna stop (yes, I know... so fast wanna stop already ah? hhaha... told you already what... I'm not a runner) and again I tell myself, don't give up! Don't you like it when you finish it all? HMMM? And I keep repeating these few sentences like a mantra against surrender, all the while wondering why I like to punish myself like this.

12 mins - ok ok... that's 7mins plus to go (it appears that when I do that I kinda 'trick' myself into thinking it's gonna end sooner than it is) you're not that tired really. Just lazy...

15 mins - eh, 5 more mins (for some reason I feel 5 mins is a short period of time) and I'll start to psycho myself again... ok ok, easy peasy 5 mins go! go! go! =P And I will be at peace with the world at the point where 20mins is up and I've run it all without stopping. It never fails to give me some sense of accomplishment although it's nothing much really. I like gym =) It makes me happy.

In other news, Mr. Gym Owner, I found out recently, is a member of Fahrenheit. Haha! I put a picture of him on my blog a year ago. I saw an article on him in the newspaper saying he's 'made Brunei proud' because he's gone and become known in Taiwan and that the group he's in is performing in Hong Kong... I suppose his girly boy looks do do the trick and I also think he's the best looking of the four member Fahrenheit. And he's also in the drama series Tokyo Juliet. Racine says it's bodoh. I agree =P So there you go, a famous Bruneian. Just for the heck of it, here's a picture.

YEESH! Blogger hasn't been adding pictures when it says it has for a while now. That is highly infuriating. I had to photobucket this photo... not like it's important in the first place but I suppose if anyone doesn't want to be irritated by blogger then USE PHOTOBUCKET! hehe =)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

His name is now Wu Zhun from Goh Kiat Chun. So funny... I assume it's to cater to him being in a Taiwanese boyband. I think he used this picture for the gym business licence. It's hanging above the counter and I can see it's a studio photo... mengada betul! Haha! Passport photo also must use picture like this... =P Blea!

0 comments: